Home | Xenophobia: Part One | Xenophobia: Part Two | Xenophobia: Part Three | Fish Out Of Water | LiveJournal Blog

Introduction

Description (from contest)

12 girls and boys will compete in challenges... who will win? boys? girls? find out soon.

Rating: Normal
Eliminations: That was the plan, but didn't work out that way in the end
Result: First

Other notes: One of Evan's boys, who I started getting so many ideas for during the contest I gave him his own story. For the contest, we had to download each other's sims and use them to help illustrate the pics, pad out the story, etc. I wound up in collaboration with one of the creators since her sim featured heavily in my own story.

Friday 20 June 2008

Round One

Scavenger Hunt

Ooh, this’ll be fun! I’m in charge of the riddles? Hrm… doesn’t make much sense, leaving me to write them if I’ve got to find them… never mind, I have just the guy! *races upstairs* Oh, Daddy dearest…!

Good job you warned me a day or so in advance. Anyway, now that’s done it’s time we left… yeah, we. I heard one of the others has already gone, and since we needed a team of five for this I asked my brother Luca if he fancied taking part instead. *eyes Luca* Erm, silly question of the year or what?!
Luca: Yeah yeah, let’s just go! Haven’t done one of these since junior school!
Leo: Looking forward to meeting the others! … and you, mingle a little, huh?
Luca: Yeah, whatever.

*sings* Here we go, here we go, here we… *resumes talking* Howdy folks! Erm… just remembered; I’d better warn you guys, our Dad wrote the clues and we’re all fruitcakes in our family, so…
Luca: Just be grateful it wasn’t Mum you asked. *to others* Dad’s actually the most sensible of us, believe it or not…
Leo: Quite the writer too, that’s why I asked him *winks* Okay, where’s he put the first… *feels tap on shoulder* hm?
Luca: Wouldn’t be this would it?


Yell or shout or cry or cheer
While sat snug upon your rear
Enjoy with friends or alone
In the comfort of your home


Leo: Huh… okay.
Luca: Well, it’s indoors, that’s for sure.

Oh, haaang on a minute!


Leo: Beauty! Now, where’s he put the next one? *rummages in cabinet*
Kii: Not on the screen …?!
Luca: That’d be too obvious…
Leo: Aha! Gotcha! Right, let’s see…

Keep belongings safe and sound
No trace of dust to be found
Yet unwelcome friends may roam
Keep at bay with balls of foam


Zamir: What?
Luca: He did warn you…
Leo: Yes Dad, very poetic. Unwelcome friends?
Alec: Balls of foam?
Luca: Oh, wait…


Luca: Balls of foam – mothballs!
Leo: Unwelcome friends being the moths…
Kii: I’ll have to meet this father of yours some time…!
Luca: Okay Dad, where’ve you hidden the next one? … Here we go… with a complementary mothball, no less!

Play word games upon my door
Look within to use the store
Trust me with your fresher food
My cool breath will keep it good


Zamir: Ha! Word games! Look who’s talking…!
Leo: *wiggles eyebrows and grins*
Luca: Oh, he’s very good at that! He’ll make a good writer, that’s for… *frowns* Where’s he going?
Alec: *calls* This way!!


Alec: That was too easy. Food? Cool breath?
Luca: You’re slipping Dad! Tut tut…
Alec: Here we go…

I will keep you fed and well
Hear for the sound of the bell
Open, close, don’t leave alone
In mere minutes it is done


Leo: Definitely slipping! Deary me!


Kii: Don’t speak too soon! I’ll bet he’s saved the best for last… *forages inside* He’s even made it hard to find the clue!
Leo: *sniggers* Doesn’t surprise me. You alright in there?
Kii: Got it!

Rest your weary legs or head
When there is no time for bed,
But beware the humble seat
For your small change it will eat


Leo: *looks at Luca* I spoke too soon didn’t I.
Luca: So did I dear bro, so did I.
Alec: Okay, this is gonna take…
Leo: *nudges Luca’s arm* Hold on a sec! *darts off*


Well, we all had a great time, be it bantering with each other, being on the receiving end of Dad’s practised pen, leaving our mark in the bedroom… Don’t blame me! I don’t care what the others say about teenager’s bedrooms and being messy… *tosses hair* Won’t catch Luca or me doing that, we were brought up proper *sniffs*
Luca: Oi! *slaps Leo’s arm* Don’t you know the Queen’s English? *playful grin* I don’t know…
Leo: Of course I know she’s English! Who doesn’t?! *both brothers laugh* What? Was it easy? Erm, sort of – camera editing does wonders, eh? *winks* No slackers if that’s what you meant, although they all want to meet our parents now! I don’t know whether that’s a good thing or not…!

Likes and Dislikes

Hobbies? What, aside from the music? Oh, okay. Well, I like to go for a run in the park. No I don’t take my mp3 player; all you hear in the park is the birds singing, maybe the odd dog barking. The sheer quiet of the area, accompanying the rhythm of your feet pounding on the path, is very relaxing.


As much as I enjoy the sunshine, I look forward to the nights just as much. Most teens would love for their parents to be tucked away in bed all day, but it has its flip-side. I don’t know if I’d be so close to them if things had been different, but I don’t think about that. I just look forward to giving Dad another kicking at darts!


What? Yes, that’s my Dad. I did say they’re different, you thought it was something small didn’t you? After I said we’re all the same age too? Tsk tsk. Was that not a clue? I’ll give you another; check his teeth. Mum? She’s the one who bit him! Long story, one I don’t even know the full version of, but I do know that much. Moving swiftly on… Two things that tick me off? Top of the list are bigots!


Not only what I read in the paper, but Dad often mentions the time he found his gay brother this close to death in an alley. Some a***holes thought they had the right to decide that gay people don’t have the right to live. I nearly lost a very nice Uncle ‘cause of them. Yeah, they tick me off big time for that alone.

Another? Whoever said all guys love football* needs to sit down with me some time, I’ll soon change their mind.


Why do I hate it so much? Let’s see, there’s their ridiculous wage, the hype, the violence, and what does it all come down to? 22 men kicking an inflated piece of leather across a pitch. I can’t understand why people get so worked up about it – give us their wage for a week and we’ll never have to worry about money again!

*That is, English football, or soccer if you're American. Chance for a personal rant - their wages really are sickening ¬_¬

No comments: